PINEWOOD EDUCATIONAL PHILOSOPHY
The Pinewood American International School believes that:
- Education addresses the development of the whole individual, intellectually, morally, socially and physically.
- The school encourages students to engage in open inquiry, active learning, creativity, decision-making, critical thinking and independence of thought.
- Education is a partnership between teachers, students, and parents.
- Students should take pride in their own achievements.
- Learning involves sharing expertise and constructive debate in a spirit of community.
- Students are most likely to achieve their goals within a disciplined environment.
- The school seeks constantly to evaluate and improve its performance.
- The school will be accredited by a recognized authority.
- The curriculum will draw on and take into account the best elements of various educational systems, in both style and content, but delivered in the English language.
- The school strives to provide curriculum of the highest quality.
Pinewood aims to offer students a progressive, personalized American international education centered on academic excellence in each student's journey towards self-actualization. This is achieved in a stimulating, multicultural learning environment that emphasizes service, respect for ethical values and awareness of local culture.
The Pinewood American International School strives to be a growing center of excellence in the region by educating students through best practices for reaching their full potential as adaptable, global citizens.
- We understand that nationality, gender and religion all determine people’s roots, but not their worth.
- We are mindful of the needs and rights of others, regardless of their roots and beliefs.
- We are honest and open in our dealings.
- We are peaceful in our intentions.
- We are considerate in our actions.