There is a structured time block called Seminar Time on many Wednesdays throughout the year for advisory meetings, group college counseling, life and study skills workshops, library research, career planning, school assemblies, performance venues, and intramural competitions. Each secondary student is assigned to a particular activity during Seminar Time and is required to attend.
Pinewood Secondary Seminar Schedule 2013-2014
The Seminar schedule is designed as much in advance as possible. However, as interesting opportunities arise for Seminars throughout the year via guest speakers &performers, student ideas and Student Council activities, they are added to the Wednesday schedule for the benefit of student learning and engagement.
Note: Dates marked with an asterisk (*) are Seminars that fall on a day other than a Wednesday due to the nature of the program or scheduling needs. On these weeks, we will follow the Wednesday schedule on the day of the Seminar (and switch the other day to the Wednesday slot.)
- IB Visual Arts Program Visits Biennale
- Rock On - 5th Grade! Guest Speakers, Experiments, and Field Trips Enhance Learning in Grade 5!
- Host Country Studies Trip to the Ancient Greek Agora or the Roman Forum of Thessaloniki
- Anti-bullying workshop “Rainbows After the Rain” Campaign
- Pinewood - Arsenal Field Trip for Grades 1-5