In this session you will have the opportunity to learn more about the IB Diploma Program and the advantages and options Pinewood’s IB program offers to grade 11 and grade 12 students:
- A dynamic program centered around the individual needs of students
- Scholarship opportunities (100% and 50% for two years)
- Opportunity to receive both the IB Diploma and the American HIgh School Diploma
- Choice between the full IB Diploma + American Diploma or IB Certificates + American Diploma
- University admissions in the United States, U.K. and Europe
Parent-Teacher Conferences are an excellent opportunity to find out how your child is progressing at this point in the school year. Here are some general hints on how to have a successful conference:
- Ask your child if there is anything that he/she would like you to discuss with the teacher(s).
- Jot down everything that you want to talk about at the conference to maximize your time with the teacher(s).
- Arrive promptly if you have an appointment (EYP and Elementary).
- Avoid lengthy discussions of topics that are not related to your child’s progress or other topics not related to the purpose of the conference.
- Be open to suggestions from the teacher(s).
- Take notes about what has been discussed and share them with your child.
- Do not stay beyond your allotted time. If additional time is needed, make an appointment with the teacher at that time.
We encourage you to attend the conferences on Monday evening. By doing so, you are joining us in the lifeof the school and in the cooperative effort to educate your child. Working together is a priority to us and we hope that it is to you, too.
We look forward to seeing you this Monday, March 14!