Welcome to Pinewood the American International School!
We are pleased that you are considering Pinewood as an option for your child’s education. Students may be admitted at any point during the school year depending on class availability. If your child is a Greek citizen please make sure to consult the criteria related to enrolling Greek students.
You can apply online through our admissions portal where you can create an account and initiate an admissions application for your child/ren. Please make sure to upload all the necessary documents and submit the application.
Do not forget to have a look at our website where you can find a lot of information about our faculty and staff, about the Grade outlines and daily life at Pinewood.
- Submit the admission application (find below the detailed steps of the admissions process) and supporting documents through our admissions portal. There is an application fee of 60 euros, deducted from the tuition fees once you join.
- The school will review your application and inform you about the acceptance status.
- Non native speakers in G6 and above will receive a link to an English placement test.
- Once the application has been accepted, the accounting department will send you the proforma invoice and an acceptance letter – if you require one.
- In order to guarantee your placement the payment of a deposit is required.
- After your application is accepted, you will need to enroll your child/ren and provide us additional information through the same portal. You will also be able to see the student details and payment details via the portal.
As of now, deposit and payments are refundable in full, if the student is not joining. The application fee of 60 euros will not be refunded if the student is not joining.
ONLINE ADMISSIONS PORTAL STEPS
APPLY ONLINE: You will need to create a new candidate account and submit an application for each child online. Be sure to complete all the information needed and save your application before uploading the required documents listed below:
- Original Birth Certificate and ID /passport, if applicable
- Both Guardians’/Parents’ IDs
- School transcripts or report cards from the past 2 years, if applicable
- Both parents’ consent HERE
- Official Health Form (completed by a doctor, click HERE to download) can be submitted at the beginning of the school year
- Vaccination/Immunization records
- Insurance Policy Data Consent Form, click HERE to download
- Application to Greek Ministry (only for Greeks) – see below
**All documents must be translated into English, check with our Admission officer for exceptions
Pinewood Admissions Policies
Non-discriminatory policy – Pinewood admits students of any race, color, religion, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis or race, color, religion, national and ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarships and loan programs, and athletic and other administered programs.
Citizenship – In accordance with Greek law, Greek students applying for admission in EYP 2 to Grade 9 must meet some criteria. Click here to read the criteria for enrolling Greek students.
Enrollment Requirements – In order to hold a place at Pinewood, families are required to re-enroll at the end of each school year. This simple procedure involves completing the online re-enrollment form and paying the deposit as detailed in the billing statement sent to families after they complete the re-enrollment process.
Acknowledgement – Upon registration each school year, parents and/or legal guardians receive a Proforma Invoice for each child enrolled at the school detailing the fees and the installment dates. The school reserves the right to require full payment of tuition and fees prior to enrollment.
English Proficiency – Students with limited English proficiency in Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 6 are considered eligible for admission. As a result of language screening and evaluation, special ELL classes are provided for students who will benefit from such additional language instruction. The Secondary Division requires a specific level of English language proficiency for each grade. The proficiency is defined by a school-administered English Placement test and an in school placement test at the beginning of the school year.
Age Limitations – To be eligible for Pre-Kindergarten 1, a child must have reached the age of three by December 31; for Pre-Kindergarten 2, a child must have reached the age of four by December 31; for Kindergarten, a child must have reached the age of five by December 31; and for Grade 1, a child must have reached the age of six by December 31. Click here to consult the complete Age placement guide.
Grade Level Placement – Students are placed in the appropriate grade level based on age, previous schooling, and ability, as determined by the Pinewood administration after a thorough review of application materials and assessment results.
Students with Special Needs –Pinewood offers optimal learning support for students with mild to moderate special educational needs (see Learning Support under School Programs and Services in our handbook). Assistance and programs for children with serious learning, emotional or physical disabilities are unavailable at Pinewood. Pinewood reserves the right to deny admission to any student who, in the opinion of the school administration, is in need of such special programs and support services for which the school cannot adequately provide.
Pinewood PAYMENT POLICY – Click here.
INFORMATIVE SESSIONS ONLINE
Discuss with our Admissions Officer live.
Request for an informative session below.
Due to COVID-19 new situation, we carefully accept visitors on campus. Contact us to visit or schedule your google or zoom meeting.
ENGLISH PLACEMENT TEST
All students applying to Grades 6 – 12, will need to sit an online English Placement test. You will receive the login details for the test once all your documents have been uploaded and the application process completed .
The login details for the test will be send to your email address so your child can take the test in their own time. It is a 30-minute multiple-choice test.