Welcome to Pinewood American School!
We are pleased that you are considering Pinewood as an option for your child’s education. Students may be admitted at any point in the school year depending upon the availability of spaces. If you are a Greek citizen please check the requirements below. You can apply online (top right corner on our website) where you can create your account and initiate an admissions application for your child/ren.
You can also have a look on our website where you will find the Grade outlines under the learn section and more information about parents, transportation, and daily schedule under Parents’ Corner.
- Complete the application through the admissions portal here. In order for the student to be accepted we will need to have their past transcripts if applicable, and birth certificate. There is an application fee of 60 euros.
- The school will review your application and inform you about the acceptance status.
- Once the application has been accepted, the accounting department will send you the pro forma invoice and an acceptance letter – if you require one.
- Once the deposit is received, our admissions officer will send you the enrollment and consent form.
- If you are a student above G6, you will also receive a link with the English placement test or you will be notified that the test will be taken on the first day of school.
- Your username and password for our online platforms will also be sent to you, so you can have access before the start of the school year.
- Your email addresses will be kept in our system and you will receive regular information about the school.
As of now, deposit and payments are refundable in full, if the student is not joining. The application fee of 60 euros will not be refunded, if the student is not joining, but will be deducted from tuition fees, if the student is joining.
ONLINE ADMISSIONS PROCESS
APPLY ONLINE: You will need to create a new candidate account and submit an application for each student online. Be sure to complete all the information needed and save your application before uploading the required documents listed below:
- Original Birth Certificate and ID /passport, if applicable
- Both Guardians’/Parents’ IDs
- School transcripts or report cards from the past 2 years
- Both parents’ consent HERE
- Official Health Form (completed by a doctor, click HERE to download) can be submitted at the beginning of the school year
- Vaccination/Immunization records
- Insurance Policy Data Consent Form, click HERE to download
- Application to Greek Ministry (only for Greeks)
**All documents must be translated into English, check with our Admission officer for exceptions
Pinewood Admissions Policies
Non-discriminatory policy – Pinewood admits students of any race, color, religion, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis or race, color, religion, national and ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarships and loan programs, and athletic and other administered programs.
Citizenship – In accordance with Greek law, students applying for admission in EYP2 (age4) to Grade 9 must process a valid non-Greek passport or fulfill simple criteria. See the criteria for enrolling students with Greek surnames.
Enrollment Requirements – In order to hold a place at Pinewood, families are required to re-enroll at the end of each school year. This simple procedure involves completing an online application detailed above) and making a prepayment (as detailed in the billing statement sent home to families during the Spring term).
Acknowledgement – Upon registration each school year, parents and/or legal guardians shall receive a Pro forma Invoice for each child enrolled at the school. This Billing Statement must be signed and returned to the school, thus acknowledging that the parent and/or legal guardian agrees with the amount to be paid and the dates on which to pay. The school reserves the right to require full payment of tuition and fees prior to enrollment.
English Proficiency – Students with limited English proficiency in Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 6 are considered eligible for admission. As a result of language screening and evaluation, special ESL classes are provided for students who will benefit from such additional language instruction. The secondary school has a specific level of English language proficiency for each grade, defined by a school-administered English Placement test.
Age Limitations – Pre-Kindergarten to Grade 1 – To be eligible for Pre-Kindergarten 1, a child must have reached the age of three by December 31; for Pre-Kindergarten 2, a child must have reached the age of four by December 31; for Kindergarten, a child must have reached the age of five by December 31; and for Grade 1, a child must have reached the age of six by December 31.
Grade Level Placement – Students are placed in the appropriate grade level based on age, previous schooling, and ability, as determined by the Pinewood administration after a thorough review of application materials and assessment results.
Students with Special Needs –Pinewood offers optimal learning support for students with mild to moderate special educational needs (see Learning Support under School Programs and Services in our handbook). Assistance and programs for children with serious learning, emotional or physical disabilities are unavailable at Pinewood. Pinewood reserves the right to deny admission to any student who, in the opinion of the school administration, is in need of such special programs and support services for which the school cannot adequately provide.
Payment policy – Click here.
INFORMATIVE SESSIONS ONLINE
Discuss with our Admissions Officer live.
Request for an informative session below.
Due to COVID-19 new situation, we carefully accept visitors on campus. Contact us to visit or schedule your google or zoom meeting.
AGE PLACEMENT GUIDE
ENGLISH PLACEMENT TEST
All students applying to Grades 6 – 12, will need to sit an online English Placement test. Once your application has been reviewed we will issue these tests to candidates to take in their own time. The test is a 30-minute multiple-choice one.
You will receive the login details for the test once the candidate has been accepted, and the prepayment that confirms the enrolment (as detailed on your billing statement, sent to you after the online application) is complete. If you are a G6 to G12 student please send a request for the online test to [email protected] title for the email ENGLISH PLACEMENT TEST