This year, the Third Annual Pinewood Student Photography Competition took place from October – December wherein students displayed their artistic talents in the field of photography. Each entry, which was judged on creativity, emotional strength and technical skills, is displayed in the main entrance of the school for all to view.
The winners were announced in a special ceremony on December 17 as per the following categories:
- Ecology and Environmental Awareness: MARIA-ELENI DIONELLI
- Fauna and Flora: ARION DOUZAS and PANAGIOTIS PANTIS (tie)
- Pareidolia: NEFELI CHRYSOULA
- Street Life: SMARAGDA SPYROU & SAVVAS SFAIROPOULOS (collaboration)
- Shadows Tell a Story: SAVVAS SFAIROPOULOS
- Photo Remake of a Famous Painting: HANNAH JOHNSON-NIYA KAFEDZIYSKA (collaboration)
- Shots Against the Light: ALEKSANDRA STOYKOVA
- Motion: HANNAH JOHNSON
- Old and New: SAVVAS SFAIROPOULOS
- Reflections: ANDREJS MEZARAUPS
- Overall Winner: ALEKSANDRA STOYKOVA
A very special thank you goes out to Mr. Takis Tzimas, publisher of “ Fotographos” magazine, who judged the overall winner and published an article about the competition in December’s edition of “Fotographos“ magazine.
Another special thanks to “Ekkentro”, a computer systems and software application, who sponsored the competition prizes.
Finally, a very heartfelt thank you to Mr. Kostas Papantoniou, Pinewood school photographer, for organizing the competition and for inspiring our students to be creative thinkers.
A photo competition for the elementary students is currently running and for the first time, a short film competition will take place at the start of the new year in January.
Click here for a slideshow with participating photographs.
Congratulations to all participants!